The rise in the number of start-ups globally has popularized the concept of a serviced office. A serviced office is basically a fully equipped office which is rented out to businesses. It could be an individual office or an entire floor of a building. It is generally located in business centers in large cities. It is managed by a facilities management firm. Many new businesses are preferring this type of office to start their enterprise.
Serviced offices are available in a range of sizes. Depending on your requirement a serviced office of a particular size can be sought. These offices come with a host of facilities on flexible terms. This makes it a suitable option for office space for a business.
Some facilities included in a serviced office are:
1. A dedicated receptionist.
2. These offices have the complete infrastructure. Furniture such as tables, chairs, storage cabinets, etc.
3. Many offices include IT infrastructure and internet connectivity.
4. These offices are provided heating, air-conditioning facilities, etc.
5. They usually are provided full-time security.
6. These offices include a meeting / conference room.
7. They have shared facilities with other offices such as
• Common restrooms.
• Secretarial services.
• Mail and fax services.
Benefits of serviced offices to an entrepreneur:
1. Since these offices are ready to move in, the businessman can start business activities without wasting time.
2. The businessman is able to locate his enterprise in a prime location at a low investment.
3. These offices include most of the basic facilities required for starting the business. Therefore, the businessman does not have to waste time, efforts and money in setting it up.
4. Maintenance of the office premises is not the responsibility of the businessman. Therefore, he can dedicate that time for running his enterprise.
5. Terms of lease are more flexible compared to other types of offices.
6. Support staff is available to the businessman.
7. Since the lease terms are flexible, the businessman can move out easily in case of expansion or downsizing.
8. It helps a businessman lower his risk. A businessman can test the market at a low investment.
9. When a businessman rents such an office, he is aware of all the costs upfront.
10. He is able to provide a professional client interface.
Although traditional office spaces provide more freedom to their users, they warrant huge deposits and long-term rentals. Therefore, this type of office space works out as a better option for a business in its initial stages. A serviced office optimizes time, effort and money-the key components vital for the success of any enterprise.[ff id=”2″]